Today’s beauty universe is a goldmine of information, but how do we differentiate the nuggets of wisdom from the little white lies? Take everything with a grain of salt, that’s how—even if you heard it from your mother! Below, we listed 6 of the most common misconceptions that plenty of people (including us!) thought to be true.
1. BRUSHING YOUR HAIR 100 TIMES MAKES IT SHINY.
2. WEARING MAKEUP EVERY DAY IS BAD FOR YOUR SKIN.
3. SWITCHING SHAMPOOS IMPROVES YOUR HAIR.
4. THE HIGHER THE SPF, THE LONGER YOU CAN STAY OUT.
5. PUMPING YOUR MASCARA GETS YOU MORE PRODUCT.