Zucchini has abundant health benefits. It is better known as a ‘Summer squash’! It resembles the cucumber and the colour varies from a pale yellow to a deep green. The zucchini is also known as courgette in many countries and can grow to about a meter in length. It gives us about 17 calories per 100 grams to be precise. This delectable vegetable is low in calories and most of it is water.it is easy to grow and is full of vital nutrients.
Some of the benefits of this vegetables are:
Zucchinis are high in anti-oxidant value.
They are rich in flavonoid. This helps to scavenge harmful free radicals from the body that play a major role in aging.
Zucchini has moderate amounts of folates. When taken during early pregnancy this can help prevent neural tube defects in the baby.
It is a very good source of potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin-complex.
Let us get to know more about the benefits of this healthy vegetable named zucchini. Listed below are some of them:
1. Lose weight with zucchini: Zucchini as a matter of fact is known to promote weight loss. It is low in calories and makes you feel full for a longer period of time. So do try munching onto this delicious
summer squash and watch yourself lose those extra pounds.
2. Shields you from diseases: Did you know that zucchini helps you keep many diseases at bay? Eating this vegetable on a regular basis keeps you strong and healthy. Zucchini is rich in fibre; Vitamin-C and beta-carotene to name a few that shield the cells from any damage that can lead to colon cancer.
3. Cardiovascular health: Zucchini is rich in magnesium that protects the heart and further reduces the risk of getting a heart attack.
4. Antioxidants: Zucchini is filled with anti-oxidants that flush out all the unwanted toxins from the body. You can free your body from bad cholesterol by including this vegetable into your diet more frequently.
5. Controls Diabetes: Zucchini again is a good source of vitamin-B that balances the sugar levels in the body. Anyone who has type-2 diabetes should try consuming zucchini because it works very well in controlling on such patients.
6. Healthy eyes: Have you ever thought how zucchini can promote healthy eyes? It is rich in vitamin-A which is very beneficial for the eyes. It increases the vision by strengthening the cells.
7. Anti-aging properties: Zucchini is full of vitamin-A and Vitamin-C that help in improving the elasticity of the skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are surely a big no for many of us. So go ahead and try this juicy vegetable and hide the signs of aging!
8. Luscious hair: Zucchini promotes hair growth due to the fact that it is rich in Vitamin-A. It also protects the hair from damage on account of free radicals.
9. Prevents Gout: Zucchini can help in reducing inflammation in the joints caused by excessive levels of uric acid in the body. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that indirectly treat gout effectively.
10. Strong teeth and bones: Zucchini is a good source of vitamin –C that goes a long way in keeping the bones strong and healthy. If you are suffering from low calcium levels, start munching on some zucchini!
Hope you incorporate Zucchini in your diet in a big way to maintain overall good health, consume zucchini on a regular basis!